Monday, March 22, 2010

Stock - Intuitive Surgical, Inc.

Given the high drama in the political realm over the weekend, I will avoid pontificating on such matters for at least today.  Don't fret.  I probably can't keep my mouth shut for long on the matter and certainly can't keep my opinion to myself!

Enough with that, on to a great growth stock with a great-looking chart:  Intuitive Surgical, Inc., Nasdaq stock symbol ISRG.  ISRG is a medical supply company that provides hospitals with the Da Vinci surgical robot.  Just like GMCR from yesterday's entry, ISRG also has a great business model where the hospital purchases the surgical system and is then locked into purchasing the associated supplies from ISRG in a classic "razor and blade" scenario.  ISRG isn't alone in the market but certainly seems to be the gold standard.  My local hospital even advertises that it uses this advanced robotic surgical system!

ISRG is no doubt a pricey stock, but it's been very good to me over that past several months.  Even better, technical analysis of ISRG charts over the last several weeks shows a tightening of the price pattern, demonstrating continued institutional interest and consistent accumulation.  This means I am watching closely for a potential breakout to the upside on heavy volume for even more gains! 

Take a look at ISRG and see if you like what you see.  Good trading! 




DISCLAIMER:  I own both GMCR and ISRG and am not giving anyone investing advice, just talking about stocks that I personally like (so figure that I own them or am looking to buy)!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment